Saturday, September 20, 2008

Give me comfort or give me death!

Give me comfort or give me death!
That might well be the battle cry of many in these last days.
  • We want peace and comfort.
  • We want people to like us, to see things our way.
  • We want our needs met.
  • We want the American dream, baseball and apple pie.
  • We want the world on a silver platter.
  • We want what we want when we want it and we want it now!

No one ever claims the promise that we will suffer persecution, that if we live for Jesus that the world will hate us as they hated Him. If we are God’s children we will suffer with Him that we may also be glorified with Him. Those that labor for the Kingdom with their own hands will be reviled and yet we should bless, we will be persecuted and yet we should suffer it. We may be spoken of harshly, and yet we pray for them and forgive them.
As God’s beloved we are regarded as the filth of the world, the off scouring (like the ring around the bathtub) Like Paul I don’t write these things to shame you, but to warn you.
Christian, why do you seek to gratify self?
Why do we seek a church that will meet our needs instead of working together to bring the gospel to a dying world?

  • SELF wants a program that will meet MY need.
    SELF wants what is more important for ME and MY family.
    SELF wants comfort.
    SELF wants to feel accepted.
    SELF wants, Servants serve.

I am sooo thankful my Jesus didn’t put His own needs above mine. I am so thankful He chose to die for me. No one made Him die on the cross, He chose it willingly so that I and any other who chooses Him could live with Him forever.
We just need to surrender SELF. We are to be a living sacrifice. Deny SELF, daily, pick up your cross and follow Jesus.
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. Luke 9:23-24

Blessings, Lady

No comments: