Interlude between 6th and the 7th Trumpet
- John is now given the responsibility to measure the temple with instructions to not measure the court of the Gentiles
- “Not the Temple Mount is NOT the Dome of the Rock”
- Jerusalem still down
Measure the Temple and Altar
- When see this in scripture it indicates the LORD is dealing with the Nation of Israel
- God is seeking our a BRIDE for His Son
- (Like Eleazar for Abraham and Issac (Holy Spirit/ God/ Jesus Christ)
What is measured is the Holy Place, the Most Holy Place, and The Holy of Holies
- Again, the Temple has nothing to do with the Church
- The Church is the Temple of the Holy Spirit
I Corinthians 6:19
- Referring to the Golden Altar of incense
- 3 1/2 years is last half of the Tribulation Period
- Last half of reign of Anti-Christ
- (At which point the Anti Christ will enter the Holy of Holies and desecrate it and receive worship unto himself)
- Too late for many who will take the mark of the beast
- (A permanent divorce from God)
The Two Witnesses
- Not real clear in scripture as to who the two will actually be although some have ideas of who they are
- Many speculate on who they are but we are not told
- Do you remember the people of Mars Hill? They were willing to speculate and “discuss” new spiritual concepts, but did not recognize the “real” Jesus.
- Sound familiar today?
Act 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive (discern) that in all things ye are too superstitious (more “religious” than others)
Some say ...
- Enoch and a Gentile
- Enoch and Elijah
- Moses and Elijah
- 2 unknown witnesses
- someone we have never heard of
- John the Baptist and Elijah
- All interesting "speculations" but not a Bible study
What we do know, according to scripture…
- They are men
- There are two of them
- They will be clothed in sackcloth speaking of law not grace
- (The Church is already gone, meaning the Age of grace has ended!)
- They prophesy for 120 days (Three and half years)
- Looks to be the first half of the Tribulation Period
Light in the Darkness
- Two Olive Trees empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Zechariah 4:4
- To stand against insurmountable odds
- These two have miraculous power from above
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. Revelation 11:5
- Immortal and immune to every attack until mission is accomplished
- Fire comes from then and destroys their enemies
- (We may say I’ve been shot at and lied to...when will I--I be loved? :)
- For now endure for the end is not until God says it is the end!
- The two witnesses seem to have
- Unlimited authority over elements
- Nor rainfall on Earth and water turns to blood
- To smite the Earth with Plagues at will
- As often as they want to
- God has real confidence in these two witnesses.
- He gives them free reign
- (A lot of power for just two men)
“We are writing the pages of our testimony every day of our lives”
- When the two are finished
- When finished with their assignment and their testimony
- Anti Christ himself will overcome (for awhile) and destroy them
- I Thessalonians 2:2
- The Witnesses die but their bodies are not buried but rather left in the streets of Jerusalem (Spiritually called Sodom and Egypt)
- People will Celebrate
- Everyone will see their dead bodies
(Not to long ago this would have been unimaginable but thanks to technology it may be seen around the whole world every 30 minutes)
- The whole world will see their dead bodies and be celebrating
- Giving each other gifts in celebration of the death of God’s witnesses that tormented them
- After 3 1/2 days the two witnesses will rise from dead!!!
- Talk about fear and dread in those watching around the whole world!
Stick close to Jesus now while there is still time! John 3:16
Revelation 11 13:14
- 7000 people killed by an Earthquake In Jerusalem
- "Remnant" recognizes God is in control
- Second Woe is past
- 1 more Woe to go
- 7th Trumpet yet to sound
- Clue to not being post tribulation Rapture
7th Trumpet sounded
- (taken to the end of the tribulation period…an overview)
- Voices heard in heaven
- Synopsis of our Lord’s return
- All creation sees God’s revealed plan
- Kingdom of the World is Kingdom of God
Kingdom of our Lord
- Kingdom of His Messiah
- Jesus Christ
- 24 Elders fall down and worship
- Nations angry and don’t want God’s rule
- Many are stubborn hard hearted till the very end
Why Nations are Angry
- God’s Wrath has come
- We hear it all the time…if God is love why does He let bad things happen?
- Begin to recognize His mercy ......now.
- Why does He allow Tsunami’s or earthquakes or catastrophes to happen?
- He is not God in a box. He does not carry out our every wish as we try to wind him up and stuff him back in a box when we are done with him.
- It’s not a “religion” or spiritual discussion, it is a relationship!
- Do you know Jesus and does He know you?
- Time of dead to be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment (flash forward to Chapter 20)
- Old Testament and Tribulation Saints receive rewards
- We, the Church, has already gotten ours….Jesus is our portion!!!
Satan and Wicked man
- Those that destroy the Earth includes Satan and his fallen angels
- Wicked mankind destroys
- We see culmination of all the wrath of God
- We see the program of the end to come all laid out
Temple of God
- 7th Trumpet now blown
- “was opened” signifies access to God
- (at present…do we take this for granted?)
- John saw the ark of the covenant there in Heaven
- Temple sanctuary in heaven not on Earth
- Lightning’s, voices and thunderings, Earthquake…all speak of judgment to come
Let us go boldly to the throne of God while we still can!
Bow your knee to Jesus now and avoid the rush...The Church is waiting for the last sinner to come to Jesus and then we will all go home! Is it you that is holding us up?