Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Last Days

I was listening to the radio today and the Pastor was speaking on things that have been running through my head a bit more lately about how life would be like in these last days. He was talking about how men would be lovers of themselves, that children would be disobedient to their parents, people would be lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God.
He was quoting from II Timothy where Paul was saying…

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
II Timothy 3:1-7


He then went on to speak of the world stage being set for the battle in Ezekial 38 and 39.
We know according to scripture that nothing more has to be fulfilled before the church the Bride is taken out of this world, it is just a matter of time… God’s timing.
He was in the middle of speaking about the rapture when the Emergency Broadcast System started screeching! My first thought was…Oh No I missed the Rapture (It’s all those movies on the rapture and missing it)!!!
No calm down, I am my Beloved’s and He is mine.
So as I waited for the EBS to say “This is a Test, This is only a Test”
I was saddened to hear that it was an Amber Alert for a kidnapping of a little boy in a town not to far from here.
How utterly disheartening it is to live in a time where people are utterly corrupt.
We are living in a time where the days are just as they were in Noah’s day.

We also hear people try to blame the ugly things on God. Where was God when 911 hit? Where was God when my life fell apart? Many a person have told me that in the Bible it says God hates!
It does say…
I loved Jacob and I hated Esau.
But if we look into the context of what was being relayed through the prophet Malachi, God is saying in the first chapter…
Israel I have loved you so very much!
Deeper than you could ever imagine.
But Israel replies, Yeah right, how have you loved us?
God replies I have loved you through Jacob!
Even though God foreknew that Israel would reject Jesus, God blessed the nation Israel through the line of Jacob.

Blessings, Lady

No comments: