The Mighty Angel
(Here we come upon a break from the action of meeting characters)
The 6th trumpet has been blown and we are waiting for the 7th
- The Mighty Angel...an Angel or messenger
- Robed in a cloud
- Rainbow above God's head signifying mercy and promise (even in God's wrath there is mecy!)
- In His hands He holds an open book (Not the 7 sealed book, but a little book
- Right foot in the sea, left foot on the land
- His shout...like the roar of a lion
- Thunders answer back...(Do you wonder what they say? I do! hmmm, but it is sealed!)
TIME is no longer!
- John is forbidden to write what the 7 thunders spoke
- Time is no longer! There is no more delay
- Mystery: Not something we must find out or hidden, but a revealed Old Testament prophecy by Old Testament prophets
- Talking about a glorious return of God's Son the Messiah...Jesus Christ! (many are already fulfilled and many more to come)
Eat the Book! The Bible!
Not referring to the scroll, for Jesus is the only one worthy to open the scroll)
- Take and eat the Book (Take the Word of Life, The Bible, so that we may be able to share it with others)
So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me. Ezekiel 3:14
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24
- The Word of God is sweet tot he taste, but at times bitter to deliver.
- Bitter in the stomach-much wisdom brings much sorrow
Go ahead be a misfit for Jesus, for the world will look upon one who lives the Word as misfit.
The world loves it's own, and what God has to share is difficult to swallow. The message of judgment is hard to believe.
- The Angel says, you are not done John!
- The book symbolizes God's Word.