Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Is life falling apart around you?

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not;

and in the night season, and am not silent.

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Our fathers trusted in thee:

they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

They cried unto thee, and were delivered:

they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

But I am a worm, and no man;

a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn:

they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him:

let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

Psalm 22:1-8

God in human flesh cries out on the cross, despised and mocked. He is in great pain and anguish of heart, suffering for sins He did not commit. Yet because of Jesus great love for us He took those sins on willing. In the midst of it all Jesus heart praises His Father, the very One who required a perfect blood atonement for my sin. In love Jesus suffers everything for the hope that mankind would accept His offer of love. As we struggle in this life, despair and heartache and disappointment for the sake of our identification with Jesus, remember we have not suffered unto blood. Jesus without sin of His own, chose to suffer for our sake.

“If our hopes seem to be experiencing disappointment right now,

it simply means that they are being purified.”

~Oswald Chambers



Blessings, Lady

No comments: